Translate

04 December 2014

It´s like camping. You always have to leave the place better than you found it.


We had lunch with Luiz today. He is such an amazing man.He said, "it´s funny that I am so much older that you. I could be your grandfather, but you four missionaries are more like ´parents to me, all that you do for me, you  don´t even know how much it means to me." It is crazy how much the people we teach really trust in us. Most of them are older than us, but they look to us to know what to do. We teach them to converse with Heavenly Father and find answers in the scriptures. It is amazing to see the light in their eyes when they really get it, or the pure gratitude on their face when they talk about how their life has been changed. I really love these people, and I hope the members in their ward can also see how amazing they are.

Today in my personal study, I came across this scripture. I really like it, because it makes you think. Well, all of the scriptures make you think, but this one makes you think and makes you want to change. 

47 But behold, my brethren, is it expedient that should awake you to an awful reality of these things? Would harrow uyoursouls if your minds were pure? Would be plain unto you according to the plainness othe truth if ye were freed from sin?
 48 Behold, if ye were holy would speak unto you of holiness; but as ye are not holy, and ye look upon me as teacher, it must needs be expedient thateach you the consequences of sin.
Well, it´s a little hard, but the truth is hard. This week, we tried to implement a project to improve the reverence in our ward. We presented this plan to the bishop and he looked like we were saying we wanted to go around with a cattle prod to punish those who were not reverent. I think sometimes people lose sight of the importance of what we learn in sacrament meeting, because it happens every week. But really, it is an amazing opportunity to receive personal revelation! I have recognized so many answers to my prayers by listening to the talks in sacrament meeting and paying attention in the other classes. I think I probably would have realized that I could benefit from being more reverent if a cute little kid with a badge that says "Guardian of Reverence" handed me a picture of Jesus with this hymn on the back:

  1. Rev'rence is more than just quietly sitting:
    It's thinking of Father above,
    A feeling I get when I think of his blessings.
    I'm rev'rent, for rev'rence is love.
    When I'm rev'rent, it shows in my words and my deeds.
    The pathway to follow is clear.
    And when I am rev'rent, I know in my heart
    Heav'nly Father and Jesus are near.
  2. CHildrens SOng book
We have been working a lot on ways to improve our ward. It´s like camping. You always have to leave the place better than you found it.

This Sunday one of our investigators surprised us by showing up at church and then actively participating in Gospel Principles. He is so funny. Sometimes the things he says and does just surprise us a lot. It seems like he´s not understanding and then he bears his testimony of how he already knew and lives this principle. Oh Pelé! He´s not the famous soccer player. That´s just his nickname.

Is everyone else totally excited that it´s CHRISTMAS TIME?!?!?!

I have to run! LOVE YOU SO MUCH! 

Love,
Your LIttle Missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment