Translate

23 March 2015

"I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that, I still possess." -Corrie

What a coincidence!
Found this in a member's home!
March 9th, 2015
Dearest Loved Ones,
     Keep writing. The things you write aren't distracting. I´m pretty hard core focused now. Today was transfer day, and Sister Byrne and I are still together as STLs. We are still doing rounds of the mission. We are still having a great time and we get to go on exchanges with our old companions this round! 


Exchange with my old companion Sister Andrade!!!
SOOOOO AWESOME! I LOVE THIS GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yesterday I went with Sister Andrade, a missionary whom I have always admired. She is so wonderful and we talked about what we have learned since our time together and how much more we still have to learn. I have never met anyone so obedient or diligent in my life. She is a great example for me! A ton of sisters (12) are going home today. SO MANY! We have a net loss of four companionships and we are rearranging our schedule to give all the sisters time to adjust to their new companions before we go on exchanges. Tomorrow we go on exchanges with the sisters in BERTIOGAAAAA!!!! I love that place so much. This will be the second time in a month and a half that we go home. This time it will be for a full day! WAAAAHHHOOOOO! We are very excited. Our latest challenge is what to do to help the sisters who are having companionship problems. I think we should let them pray and fast and receive personal revelation to be able to work things out, but Sister Byrne thinks we can help them in the exchanges... that´s more her part... but I really like this quote that Sister Cabral put in Sempre Fiel today:
     "I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God´s hands, that, I still possess." -Corrie
      
Ilha Bela
     Yesterday we were walking in the street and it was POURING and we were so soaked and there was a man running from the rain and passed us under an awning. He stopped and asked if we were evangelists and we started to talk to him. We told him that we are here to help people come closer to God and he told us how he´s been trying to change his life for a long time, but every time he picks himself up off the ground and starts to go to church, it seems like something happens and he falls even further. We invited him to pray regularly and meet with the missionaries where he lives. He said he was so glad to have met us, because he was about to get himself into a lot of trouble, but when he started talking to us, he felt so peaceful and he knew he shouldn't. Sometimes our contact with people is so simple, but through the small things, come the greatest things of all.

Selfies on Ilha Bela
     Another great quote I heard in the Relief Society class this Sunday was this "The Lord does not take the people out of their miserable circumstances" as the world tries to do. "The Lord takes the misery out of us and we leave the miserable situations." This is so true. You can do everything in your power to help a person to be happy or to have a better quality of life, but a true change of heart is what makes the changes last. I love the Lord. He knows us so much better than we know ourselves.

Sanduiche! FOMEEEE!!!!!!!!!
I hope your week is great! Mine is going to be!
I LOVE YOU!

Love,
Your Little Missionary


p.s. (After hearing about our recent experience at the Brazilian Barbecue in the US...) Chicken heart is terrible. Chicken foot is not really worth trying either. Intestine tastes good, but it´s hard to swallow, because it feels like it comes alive in your mouth. It´s all watery and flabby and, well, I wouldn't choose to eat it.

Bus Sick- Driving on the windiest road you have ever seen.
It was like Tokyo Drift Windy.

No comments:

Post a Comment