Translate

07 October 2014

SISTERHOOD!
HI! 

So I always write that my week was crazy, but this one was really really crazy. As always, it was crazy in a good way. Did I mention we are serving in President Cabral´s ward? But he´s cool and he´s always traveling, so basically it´s normal.
     We are planning up a super english class! It´s really hard to find people to teach here, so we are trying to be creative in finding ways to be able to share the gospel with them! Maybe teaching english isn´t so horrible any more. I picked the advanced level! We are hoping to be able to teach advanced and basic. The other American, Elder Stokes, is way cool.
Okay, that was asa far as I got last week. SOrry! But I have to tell you about this week, because it just literally blew my mind!
GENERAL CONFERENCE! OH MY GOSH! I LOVE GOD SO MUCH! I know that He listens to us and hears our pleas when we pray. He answers us when we read the scriptures and listen to the words of His servants. He is so merciful and I´m sorry I didn´t advise everyone in advance to watch conference, but there ´s still time. You can find the recordings at lds.org! It´s such an amazing opportunity. I´m so sad for all the people we invited that didn´t come, because the speakers specifically addressed their concerns, but I´m also so happy for the people who came and saw for themselves that the prophet is a servant of God.
Here are some of my favorite things that were said in the conference. I wish I could write them all, but it´s better if you just watch it yourself. Also! I had the great blessing of watching almost all of conference in English. I love to speak other languages, but some things you just have to hear in your own language. Conference is one of them.
President Henry B. Iring: Human judgment and logical thinking are not enough to guide us in this world today. We need a constant stream of continuing revelation." SO TRUE!
My life has taken so many different turns because of answers to prayers. These answers are my personal revelation. It is by small and simple means that great things are brought to pass. This conference I receieved many answers to my prayers and I know that these men are called of God to guide us in these latter days. The scriptures are such powerful tools. If you doubt it, just give it a try, but not just any try will do. God answers the earnest seeker of truth. He knows our hearts and will give liberally to those who truly seek to find Him.

Elder Jeffry R. Holland: Bless the poor. 
Sister Tabraj and I were concerned about how the members of the ward would respond to someone who we were bringing to conference. He lives on the street and the people who live in this area are better off than most. We didn´t want him to feel unwelcome. He didn´t end up coming this week, but when he does, we know that the members will remember these words of the Apostle of the Lord.

Elder Neil L. Anderson concerning many of the false informations pertaining to the prophet Joseph Smith: Internet information does not have a truth filter.
Joseph Smith was told that his "name would be spoken of for both good and evil among all nations." Today, there are many lies written and spoken about Joseph Smith. It´s true. The internet doesn´t have a truth filter. The only way to know for sure that he was a good man called of God is to ask God Himself. He cannot lie.
Lest we think she lost her silly side...If I check the
Missao Brasil Santos FB page enough I can find
funny things that lift my spirit...that is where all
of this week's pics are from.

Elder D. Todd Christofferson: The responsibility is ours. God does not save us exactly as we are. No unclean thing can enter into the kingdom of God. Christ suffered for our sins, but the responsibility is ours to repent and become clean.
Many people think "God loves us all, so it doesn´t really matter what I do. He will forgive me in the end." It´s absolutely true that God loves us.He wants us to be happy. He wants us to return to live with Him, but  no unclean thing can dwell  in the presence of God. He has already shown us the way and given us everything we need to be happy and to return to Him. We need to take responsibility for ourselves and follow these instructions.

Also, Elder David A. Bednar shared the reason for why we are so eager to share what we have with you! Maybe we are awkward or abrupt or just plain old can´t get the words out straight, but that´s just because we´re human.  He explained that when we find a cure for a pain we are feeling, physical or spiritual, we automatically want to share what has helped us. This is why we literally share what we know with anyone who will listen. The gospel of Jesus Christ, complete and true exists again. God still calls prophets to guide us and direct us. Jesus Christ is our Savior and He lives.
Okay, so this isn´t even close to all of my favorite things. If I had all day to write, I would, but you wouldn´t read it all, so I will say again : Go watch conference, in your native language. If you already watched it, watch it again!
Yup. Still Karynne ;)
I have some sweet pictures from this week, including the baptism of Ana, but this LANhouse is way sketchy, so I´m going to hold off a week.
I love you! Have an amazing week, and don´t forget to put into practice all the things that you learned in conference! That´s the only way it will make a difference!

Love,

Sister Arthur

No comments:

Post a Comment