Translate

26 May 2014


May 26, 2014
Sometimes the things most worth it are the hardest to achieve

Dear Everyone,
     I hope everyone is having a great week! Most people don´t like Mondays, but I like to see the week as a whole new opportunity to do things right. Maybe the last week you said you were going to change something, but didn´t quite get it right. Well, now you have a whole week, so just go and do it. I didn´t like Mondays before the mission, but there´s always something I realize I can do better that I want to put into action for the week.
     I can take pictures again! One of my camera chips is now virus free! And is going to stay that way, because I´m going to make sure of it! I don´t know why some people don´t have this problem, but I guess it´s just technology´s way of telling me that serving a mission is not an escape from its hatred of me. Oh well, opposition in all things.
     We met so many new people to teach this past week! SO MANY! Why? Because we are talking to everyone. I realized that it got a lot easier to talk to complete strangers in the street, on the bus, in their stores __insert any location__ when I stopped thinking this was my mission. Every missionary is working to invite others to come unto Christ. I am doing a part of it, but really this has nothing to do with me, so I decided to stop letting my fear get in the way of other people´s opportunity to hear the gospel. If they want to tell me they don´t want to hear what I have to say, that´s their choice, but at least they won´t be able to say I never asked them if they wanted to know. 
     My companion is so cool. She´s already fearless. I think President Cabral assigned her to train me.
     This week we saw some blessings of fasting. We were meeting with a woman who has been trying to stop smoking for a while. She always had the attitude of "We´ll see if I make it," but when we decided to fast together, she changed her attitude to "I can do it." We have been teaching her for a while and she´s always had this kind of attitude about things, not really having confidence in herself or in the Lord, but she is starting to change, starting to have more confidence. This was probably the hardest fast I´ve ever done. It seems like as soon as we started our fast the sun came out full blast and we were running from one end of town to the other. At night, our legs were exhausted and hurting, but we knew it would be worth it. Sometimes the things most worth it are the hardest to achieve, but it´s always possible.
     I love you! Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Arthur

No comments:

Post a Comment