Translate

05 March 2014

The Lord knows exactly what we need when we need it.


Transfers came in this week. I am staying in Itanhaem. I am really excited, but the exclamation point isn´t working on this keyboard. I am excited to stay, but Sister Chadwick is leaving. We don´t yet know who is coming, but I am going to miss our little talks in english. Sometimes it is just refreshing to be able to talk in your own language. It´s nice to have someone who knows when you´re being funny and just gets what you´re saying. Not to minimize this small pleasure, but what I´m really going to miss is not teaching english class alone. Sister Chadwick always came to my rescue when I didn´t know what to do or how to explain something. I really don´t know what I´m going to do now. I suggested to the mission president that maybe with the commandment to teach english he should include some training on how to teach english. I hope he takes my suggestion seriously. 

Aside from that, this week has been awesome. We met a girl who is so excited to learn and be baptised. She told us "It is amazing how the Lord knows exactly what we need when we need it. He knew that I really needed this guidance in my life, and He sent you two." It is amazing to see the faith of those who are new to the gospel. When they know it´s true, they are excited to make the changes that will bring them closer to God. There has been a lot of amazingness ...including almost daily rain, which dampens the heat a little... but I don´t have time to write too much of it today. 

I want to include this quote that I´m so glad to finally have. My mom is the most amazing woman in the world. Not sure if you knew that. Now you do. It´s about the revolutionary war, but it´s the same concept as our fight to do what´s right. I LOVE IT exclamation point. It´s by Thomas Paine to the American troops when they were at their lowest point, ready to give up. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

December 23, 1776

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated. Britain, with an army to enforce her tyranny, has declared that she has a right (not only to TAX) but "to BIND us in ALL CASES WHATSOEVER" and if being bound in that manner, is not slavery, then is there not such a thing as slavery upon earth. Even the expression is impious; for so unlimited a power can belong only to God.
 THomas Paine

I LOVE YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEK AND BE AWESOME

Love,
Sister Arthur

No comments:

Post a Comment