Translate

10 March 2014

Dearly Beloved,
     Sometimes I like to pretend I am fancy and start my letters off with things like "dearly beloved." I am not fancy. I am still me, but I like to be silly...and serious and just plain old different.
     This week has been interesting, but full of miracles! One that I just think is the coolest ever is this: The sister from our ward who helps us out so much is inviting all her neighbors to hear the gospel! She lives near the door of the gate surrounding her apartment building (pretty much every house and building has a wall or fence that is 8 feet tall in front of it). She knows pretty much everyone and whenever we are there and her friends pass by, she invites them in and introduces them to us. Then we explain what we do and it usually leads to a discussion, which leads to a friendship and more discussions about the gospel. It´s so cool!
      So here´s what happened: We were having a lesson with this woman and her neighbor when another neighbor walked by. She invited her in and we continued with the lesson. The first neighbor had to go, so we ended with a prayer and he left. We had been discussing the Book of Mormon with him, so we explained it to the other neighbor. She was very interested and asked a lot of questions. We had to catch the bus before answering all of them, so we set up another time to meet. We met and invited her to be baptised and come to church and read the Book of Mormon. This woman is amazing! She never went to school, so reading is very hard for her, and she doesn´t write at all. She learned how to read on her own, because when she was a bit younger, she really wanted to read the Bible. She told us that she had just been thinking she wanted to find a religion. Then one night she randomly felt the urge to take out the trash and ran into us!
      The first neighbor I talked about has decided to live the word of wisdom and gave us his carton of cigarettes after he comitted to live it. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is really helping these people to make changes in their lives, and I am so glad to be a part of this great work. 
      I hope everyone is well back home! I love you and you are amazing!

Love,
Sister Arthur

P.S. I will try to have some pictures for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment