Translate

24 March 2014

Looking for the Good in Each other   

GUESS WHAT?!?!? GENERAL CONFERENCE IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!! What does that mean? It means we get to hear the words of the living prophets and apostles!!! I am so excited if you couldn´t tell, but I am more excited for the people we´ve met here who will get to hear the prophet for the first time! I am seriously so psyched for them! Oh my gosh! I always love conference!

Also, I have learned a bit about living with someone this week: Every week we have companionship inventory. That means just you and your companion sit down and work things out. If you have things that are bothering you, this is the time to get them out in the open. Until last week, we both seemed to be listing a whole lot of negative things and trying our best to think of the good things that the other is doing. I was getting a little frustrated, because she always said the same good thing every week. It felt like it was the only thing she liked about me and I wracked my brain every week to think of at least one new thing I liked about her. Well, this week was different. I said a couple of good things after a long list of bad things and then it was her turn. She told me about a couple of things that were bothering her and then she went on to list way more things she liked about me. I was shocked when she kept on going. In this atmosphere it was a lot easier to talk about the things that we needed to improve. I want her to know that I really admire her, but not just by saying I think she is a great missionary. I want her to see it in the things that I notice about her. This week, I am writing down all of the things I like about her so that she will not have any doubt that I admire and respect her even with the few flaws I see in her. We were having a hard time being more than just two young ladies who work together. WE wanted to be friends, but somehow it just wasn´t happening. Well, it´s a whole lot easier now that we are constantly looking for the good in each other. My companion is very funny, but knows how to be serious and show others that she has a testimony of sacred things. When she has a question, she doesn´t stop looking for an answer until she´s found it, and she´s always excited to learn. She knows the value of personal space, but is always willing to listen and tries to be interested in what I have to say. She is interesting and has great stories to tell. She works hard for the things that matter most and knows how to make anyone feel like a million bucks.

Try to think of the good things about those who are closest to you. If you have to correct them, always do it with love. Never forget that we all struggle and we all need to know that we are loved.

That was incredibly sappy, I know, but it had to be said. Appreciate those around you. There is always something you can learn from them. There are no coincidences.

I hope everyone is having a great week!

I love you!

Love,
Sister Arthur

No comments:

Post a Comment