Translate

17 June 2014

On our hike today
The thing that gave me confidence

Dear Loved Ones,     June 16,2014
     This week has been very cool. We´ve been teaching people who are memebers of the church, but haven´t been in a long time. Yesterday six of them went to church! They are wonderful women and it´s so great to see their testemonies growing, watching them take a chance and make changes in their lives. When we teach them about the gospel, it´s like they´re hearing their favorite song that they haven´t heard in a while, the one that´s not the most popular. They don´t hear it on the radio every day, but its lyrics are so powerful. The gospel has the power to change lives for the better. I see it every day.
     Yesterday I gave a talk in sacrament meeting. I remembered on Friday night and I was like "Oh no, I always prepare all week and stay up late and get up early Sunday morning to finish and I´M SO DOOMED!" Then I prayed for help and wrote it during my personal study. The thing that gave me confidence when I was speaking in front of 120 people in Portugues (I had help...some people in the congregation told me the words I was looking for when I got stuck.) was that when I was preparing it, the ideas weren´t coming from my own mind. I don´t know what those 120 people need to hear. I know only a handful of them, but Heavenly Father knows each and every one of us personally and gives inspiration to our leaders and those designated to teach us. If it were up to me, I wouldn´t have been able to do it so calmly and the Spirit wouldn´t have touched the hearts of those listening. 
     When I was givingmy talk, the bishop passed me a not that said "Your time is up." That has never happened in my entire life. I always finish and leave the last speaker shaking in their boots for the time they have to fill. 
Hiking with the Bishop
     The bishop and his family took us on a trail earlier today! It was so beautiful! It was really hard not to be a crunchy girl and take off my shoes and climb on absolutely everything, but it was so nice to be out in nature. It is so close to our apartment, but we didn´t know where the trails were and the elders went without us the last time. Sometimes I just don´t believe them. Just kidding. They are so great and they help us with everything. We had a great time and got to see a lot of cool things. There was a waterfall, bamboo, banana trees, sugar cane, orange lemons....yes. They have greeen lemons, orange lemosn...yellow I have yet to see. 
     I have to go, but I love you! Have a great week and be amazing! 
Love,
Sister Arthur

No comments:

Post a Comment