Translate

07 April 2015

"You promised to mourn with those that mourn, to comfort those who stand in need of comfort, and to stand as a witness of Christ at all times, in all things and in all places...and were given the strength when you were given the Holy Ghost." -Eyring



He Is Here!
     

     Some members from our ward made us an Easter breakfast! Irmã Jessica made me two cakes without milk (because she thinks I´m lactose intolerant, because I can´t eat sweetened condensed milk). What a sweetheart. She kept saying "These are Sister Arthur´s cakes" and "Sister don´t eat this one. It has milk." I told her the situation after, but it was so sweet!

     So conference, as always, was amazing.
Here are some of my favorite things that were said 
"In every home where even one individual seeks truth, a difference is made." -Cheryl A. Esplin

"You promised [to mourn with those that mourn, to comfort those who stand in need of comfort, and to stand as a witness of Christ at all times, in all things and in all places. (Mosiah 18:8 e9)] and were given the strength when you were given the gift of the Holy Ghost."  -Henry B. Eyring.

"All of us are, in  some way, like the prodigal son." While we ask what we can do to help someone who has gone astray, the Lord reminds us that we, too, are very far from home.  -Brent H. Neilsen.

"He rose from the dead so that He can grasp us as we fall and lift us to eternal life." -Jeffry R. Holland

     All in all, what most hit me this conference was how incredibly inadequate I am, but not in a depressing sense, if that makes any sense. I just realized even more how we are nothing without Christ. Elder Uchtdorf said "we cannot earn our way into Heaven." It is only because of Christ that we are able to return to live with Heavenly Father. "It is by grace that we are saved after all we can do." I am eternally greatful that this is true. I know that my actions will never be enough to repay Christ for what He has done for me, but He doesn't care and He doesn't complain that I keep failing and having to start over. He just picks me up and cheers me on. Who am I to give up hope when He never gives up on me?


     Last night a recent convert died after a long battle with cancer. Well, this particular battle was short. It started three weeks ago, just a few days after her baptism. She finally gave up smoking and could be baptized by her husband (also a recent convert) and then a few days later her cancer came back.  Last night she passed away. It was so sad. Her husband is an amazing man who has waited so long (eight years) to be a member of the true church. They are a beautiful family and we will miss Condeição a whole lot. How wonderful it is to know of God´s true plan of happiness for His children. Lots of people believe that we cease to exist after we die. Others believe that we won´t recognize each other after we die, but I know that families can be sealed in the Temple of the Lord for time and all eternity. I know that the family is central to Heavenly Father´s plan of happiness and that when we overcome our doubts, fears and trials to follow Him, all things are possible. Jesus Christ died for us. He rose from the dead for us. He loves us eternally and knows all of our joys, sorrows and pains. He is always listening and ready to take us in His arms and tell us it's all going to be okay, that we can never give up.

I love you forever! Keep on being amazing!" ILove yoU!

Love,
Your LIttle Missioanry  (P.S. from the editor...Karynne will be arriving in Boston May 1st at 12:30pm!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment