Translate

08 November 2013

New messages from Karynne:)

To send mail or packages to Karynne (for the time being, until she is sent to Brazil or elsewhere) please use this mailing address:

Sister Karynne Amaris Arthur
DEC10  BRA-SNTS
2007 N 900 E Unit  92
Provo UT 84602
........................................

I love the MTC! It's amazing here. I don't yet have a way to send pictures, so you can't see my amazing district quite yet, but you will. I LOVE THEM! My companion's name is Sister Seal, and we work great together. We're both a little crazy, so we understand each other well. (Don't worry Sissie...she's got nothing on you, Babe!) We have already taught three lessons in Portuguese, and they have gone spectacularly for the most part. Understanding the investigator is a little hard...okay...WICKED HARD, but we are improving so quickly and learning to teach by the Spirit. Alan, our investigator, is actually an MTC employee acting as an investigator he met on his mission, but we just treat him like a genuine investigator to get the real experinence and prepare as best as we can. Our only communication with him is in Portuguese. It's crazy hard, but so satisfying. I absolutely love being a missionary, and I can't wait to meet the people of Brazil (or wherever I go state side until my visa comes)!
I think more people should be aware of this little fact, just because: Milk is good for you, but processing the calcium in milk takes Vitamin D from your bones, thus weakening them. If you're an avid milk drinker, like myself, you might want to take a vitamin D supplement or maybe drink Vitamin D milk. Normal people are probably fine without this, but if you're like me and consume 6 to 12 cups of dairy a day, you might want to consider it.

The food is pretty good. My favorite thing is that there's ALWAYS a healthy option, and they get mad creative with the salads. At dinner and lunch there's a wrap bar, too! Sooooooo GOOOD!

Also: I know my teacher from my BYU reading class! waaay awesome. She is so nice and only speaks to us in Portuguese, so we have to learn really quickly.

Sister seal let me use her pictures for now...

This is us and our roommates


Sisters in my district


Our District

Branch President and his wife

The Provo Temple
(Across the street:)